AAS 197: Special Session in AstroStatistics
AAS 197: Special Session in Astrostatistics
NEW RESULTS FROM 'BACK-TO-BASICS' DATA ANALYSIS:
SPECIAL TUTORIALS ON TIMING AND FITTING
Is there more to your data then a simple FFT or a minimum chi-squared fit
can process? Come find out how to build and use tools better suited
to your questions and your data! Or, compare your new methods to old
ones for the benefit of your peers!
- 22.01 Nonuniform Sampling: Aliasing and Bandwidth
- G.L. Bretthorst (Washington University)
- 22.02 Timing: New Methods for Astronomical Time Series Analysis
- J. D. Scargle (NASA Ames Research Center)
- 22.03 Opening the Black Box: Current (and Future) Error-Estimation Techniques in CIAO
- P.E. Freeman, V. Kashyap, A. Siemiginowska (CfA)
- 22.04 A Maximum-Entropy Approach to Hypothesis Testing: An Alternative to the p-Value Approach
- P.A. Sturrock (Stanford University)
We challenge participants to try out here own methods, and compare
them with the kinds of solutions suggested in the Tutorial sessions.
So hopefully the session would be almost half discussion of what others
had tried! Plus, an associated Poster Session with related results.
Questions? Comments? Ideas for the next session?
You are welcome to contact:email@example.com